On YouTube: A CalAware webinar on recent court actions, legislation and "flashpoints" in open government law presented today to an estimated 350 public agency officials. Topics:
- the Attorney General's recent opinion on what may be discussed in a local body's closed session on real property negotiations—and the difference that may make in agency practices;
- three examples of misleading meeting agendas CalAware has been challenging;
- the mass purging of government email;
- the new law on access to public college and university foundation records;
- the first serious challenge to legislative secrecy in Sacramento; and
- the court-approved "reverse" public records act procedure and the dilemma it poses for those requesting records about private people and organizations.